The Innovators’ Seed Corn Fund is provided by the Garden Industry Manufacturers’ Association (GIMA). GIMA established the fund to help support the drive for innovation within the UK gardening industry.
GIMA is keen to encourage new entrants to the industry and has put together a package of support to enable them to navigate the industry. The aim is to support the launch of innovative, never before seen products for the gardening market.
The winner will receive a grant of £6,000 to fund the following:
- Free exhibition space at GLEE, the UK's leading garden retail trade show to the value of £2,000.
- Support with design, development, manufacturing or marketing costs - £3,000.
- Business consultancy with an industry expert - £1,000.
- Half page advert in the GIMA New Product Digest publication.
- GIMA membership for one year.
- ACID (Anti Copying in Design) membership for one year.
- Free promotion around the GLEE trade show.
Following a year in hiatus owing to the coronavirus pandemic, the scheme is once again open to designers, inventors, small businesses and start-ups. Products can be in varying stages of development and readiness for market.
The deadline for receipt of applications is Friday 20 August 2021, more details here.