To celebrate Small Business Saturday, our friends at the Business Support Helpline have put together 5 top tips for supporting businesses.
The Helpline is a key element of the UK government’s business support provision. We're also a free multi-channel service that can be accessed by telephone, web-chat, email, social media, GOV.UK and GREAT.
We provide signposting, general support and business improvement advice to pre-starts, start-ups, and existing businesses to help them start and grow.
Here are our 5 top tips of business support:
- knowing your market is vital if you want to maximise sales and stand out from competition
- ensure you have a business plan, this will help you continuously review the development of your business to help it succeed and grow – we can provide templates to help you
- have the correct marketing strategy in place to reach your customer base, but also review it regularly too
- financial planning is key to ensure you have the right finances to start, maintain and grow your business – this will help maximise your business potential
- starting or running a business is not always easy, but you are not alone: get registered for the Growth Hub and let us help you grow
The Start Up Loans Company has a mission to help new and early stage UK businesses access affordable finance and mentoring support.
The Donut website is aimed at helping businesses to succeed by providing reliable information and resources that can save business owners time and money.
This guide explains the process of setting up a business from home and covers essentials like rates, insurance and health and safety considerations as well as practical tips.
This factsheet describes what a business plan should include, how to go about writing one and what will be achieved by doing so.