This programme is likely to attract people from a mixture of backgrounds, and provides the opportunity to receive expert training and gain a recognised coaching qualification.
This is a skills-orientated programme, meaning that participants will be required to demonstrate the skill of coaching and mentoring as well as possess a solid base of knowledge. To that end, anyone interested in this programme will need to be able to atttend at least 4 out of 6 training days planned across 2018/19.
Learners must be willing to complete 3 assignments which are pitched at undergraduate/HND equivalent. To complete these assignments you need to be willing to invest approximately 5 hours of independent learning.
Full and comprehensive support will be provided throughout the programme in the format of 1-2-1 tutorials and coaching supervision.
The objectives of the programme are as follows.
By the end of this 12 month programme participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate the GROW model competently and with confidence
- Demonstrate a portfolio of core coaching skills
- Demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain rapport
- Identify and challenge a client to overcome limiting beliefs
- Handle initial coaching enquires and in-take sessions (including contracting)
- Understand your coaching style and the inherent strengths and limitations
- Devise a continued professional development plan
- Compiled a reflective coaching diary and a post course assignment