Did you start a business because you’re passionate about what you do, only to find it’s much more difficult to sell your products and services than you anticipated? Did you know…
- You can get FREE publicity with Public Relations
- It takes between 3 - 7 exposures to a message to persuade someone to buy
- You can reach 100,000 prospects with much less effort than social media
- An article beside an advert means a 40% higher response rate
- 40% of the News you see is driven by press releases
- The media NEED newsworthy stories and good photographs
Small companies rarely have big enough marketing budgets to pay for advertising, so the challenge is to target enough potential customers with minimum outlay. Public Relations helps you make a splash and with repeated news coverage, you can turn those prospects into customers. A social media link to an authoritative press article boosts your reach even more, and it’s much more persuasive.
This practical, hands-on 4-hour workshop helps business owners understand the media landscape better and harness the media’s power to reach huge, ready-made audiences.
Your trainer is an award-winning Public Relations consultant whose PR campaigns have visibly driven sales and business growth.
You will learn:
- How to profile your target audience
- How to identify what makes a story newsworthy
- Creative ideas to help launch a new product or service
- How to structure a press release
- Where to send it
- How to grab an Editor’s attention
- What to send to Editors
- How to boost exposure with Social Media
An hour of the course will be devoted to discussing every delegate’s business to identify your newsworthy stories. This means the training can be put into practice right away as you write your own press release.
Delegates must either own the business or be responsible for marketing and have worked for the company for more than a year. It helps if you have a basic knowledge of marketing. Please note that as spaces are limited we will restrict the allocation to one ticket per company.
There is no charge for this workshop as the standard cost is being subsidised by the Swindon & Wiltshire Growth Hub, usual terms and conditions apply including qualifying criteria. For further information on the qualifying criteria please contact the Growth Hub Manager Jo Minnaar, email firstname.lastname@example.org.". A 48 hour cancellation notice period via email is required otherwise the attendee cancelling may be liable to pay the full cost of the workshop, unforeseen circumstance will be taken into consideration.