The categories for 2019 will be:
- Best Rural Start Up Business
- Best Rural Diversification Project
- Best Rural Retail Business
- Best Rural Professional Services Business
- Best Rural Creative, Artisan or Crafts Business
- Best Rural Digital, Communications or Media Business
- Best Rural Social Enterprise, Charity or Community Project
- Best Rural Tourism Business
- Best Rural Recreational or Outdoor Pursuits Business
- Best Rural Food or Drink Business
- Rural Young Person of the Year
The Rural Business Awards were established in late 2014 by Jemma Clifford and Anna Price – two business owners who work in rural Leicestershire. The first Awards were presented in October 2015 and the RBAs are now entering their 4th year.
The Rural Business Awards (RBAs) works with partner organisations large and small, the CLA have been involved since year one and this support was bolstered by Amazon in 2017. Amazon are our headline partners for 2018. Amongst other organisations to lend their support to the RBAs are BT Openreach, Prysm Group via Farm Business Innovation, HSBC, DEFRA as well as many niche rural organisations and charities.
The aim of the awards has not changed over the years and we aim to give recognition to businesses operating right across the Rural sector, to acknowledge the breadth and depth of opportunity presented by the Great British countryside, as well as to celebrate the achievements of our rural businesses, from engineering through to artisan food producers and professional services organisations.
The thirteen award categories are decided by an independent panel of judges drawn from the rural business sector, official agencies and rural charitable organisations. The aim is to grow The Rural Business Awards to become the UK’s most prestigious and respected awards for rural businesses and to develop a strong network and community of rural business owners.
Please click here for entry.