WHO IS BEHIND THE SWINDON & WILTSHIRE GROWTH HUB?
Swindon & Wiltshire Growth Hub is a service delivered by Wiltshire Council and Swindon Borough Council on behalf of the Swindon and Wiltshire Local Enterprise Partnership, where Wiltshire Council is the data controller for the programme.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR BUSINESS AND PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The Swindon & Wiltshire Growth Hub is an online community and information service for the businesses of Swindon & Wiltshire, providing access to impartial support, advice and guidance. The Growth Hub also provides the business community with a place to share ideas and information, build contacts and to share news, events and opportunities. To enable the Swindon & Wiltshire Growth Hub to provide this service, we collect data from Growth Hub registrants and we process business and business contact information for certain legitimate purposes, which include some or all of the following:
- where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of the Growth Hub users
- to identify and prevent fraud
- to enhance the security of our information systems and the the Growth Hub platform
- to better understand how business users interact with the Growth Hub
- to provide communications and content that we think will be relevant and interesting to you
- to determine the effectiveness of content, services, campaigns and advertising
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your business and personal data rights in high regard and take account of these rights. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, and if you wish to do so please exercise your choices, indicate your wishes on the Growth Hub's registration form or your business profile, unsubscribe using the link in our emails or contact the Wiltshire Council's Information Governance Team at County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge BA14 8JN, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that if you do object, this may affect our ability to carry out the tasks above for your benefit.
If you provide your data and give us permission, we will use your data to maintain e-mail, telephone and offline contact with you, preferably at your place of business. We may also ask your permission to allow our partner organisations to contact you about their products and services.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE ABOUT HOW MY DATA IS USED?
You may opt out of receiving information from us by indicating your wishes on the Growth Hub's registration form or your business profile, unsubscribe using the link in our emails or contact the Wiltshire Council's Information Governance Team at County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge BA14 8JN, or email us at email@example.com
You may request a copy of the information held about you and your business by writing to:
Information Governance Team
WHERE DO WE PROCESS DATA?
We process data at our registered offices at County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge BA14 8JN and (under contract) at the sites of data processors and third parties appointed by us. We apply UK data protection law to our processing.
HOW DO WE KEEP DATA SECURE?
We take appropriate steps to maintain our contact information in a secure environment to prevent unauthorised use. Our processors are bound by contract to do the same.
Hard-copy and electronically-stored information will be destroyed, as and when appropriately required, using secure methods that comply with respective legislation & regulation that are in force at the time of its destruction.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer, with your permission, in order to let websites do several important things, including remember what’s in your shopping basket and which pages you have visited.
The Swindon & Wiltshire Growth Hub uses the following categories of cookies:
1. Strictly necessary cookies: These do not require consent and are vital to make the Growth Hub website work properly. This category of cookie may include those which allow online shopping baskets to function.
2. Performance cookies: These cookies generally help the website operator fix bugs or glitches on the website. They may also provide analytics on which web pages are popular, allowing the website operator to improve the quality of the user’s experience.
3. Functionality cookies: These may include settings like “remember me” buttons, language settings, text size and anything that remembers the particular settings chosen by the user. These cookies can be persistent or session cookies, which generally have a longer lifespan than other cookies.
HOW TO CONTROL COOKIES
If you wish to prevent cookies being set before you visit this website, or most other websites, you can set your browser to block cookies. Most browsers allow you to do this in their settings.
If you would like to know more about cookies, please visit the ICO website
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I FOLLOW LINKS ON THE SITE?
If you follow links to other sites from the Growth Hub website your data will be subject to the privacy policies of those sites. You should refer to these policies before providing your data.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THIS POLICY CHANGES?
Changes may be necessary to this policy to reflect legal or data processing developments. If we change the policy we will provide information on our website so that users can review the changes. Any significantly different use of your data will be communicated to you and you will be able to choose whether you agree to the new use.
HOW YOU CAN REACH US
Information Governance Team
Last Updated October 2017