The Institute of Export is running this course to explain the importance of import and export customs declarations and the completion rules under CHIEF and its replacement, the Customs Declaration Service (CDS). Comparisons will be made with CHIEF and the changes that will occur with the implementation of the new CDS system.
The topics that will be covered are:
- How to navigate 'the UK Global Online Tariff'
- Review of current UK customs procedures
- Comparison of the CHIEF and CDS systems
- Customs declaration data requirements, including Customs Procedure Codes (CPCs)
- Customs valuation methods understanding of CHIEF SAD boxes
- Understanding of CDS data elements
- How to determine document codes for prohibitions and restrictions (P&R) and import controls for use in CDS
- How to navigate online guidance to using CDS
- Key changes in data requirements for CDS
- How to sign up for CDS
- New MSS data for CDS
The online training dates are:
- 27 May 2021, 9.30am-4pm
- 23 June 2021, 9.30am-4pm
- 22 July 2021, 9.30am-4pm
The cost of the course to IOE & IT members is £399 +VAT; non-members pay £499+VAT. However, grant funding is available to cover the cost of this course via the SME Brexit Support Fund. Provided you meet certain eligibility criteria, you can get £2000 funding towards the costs of training and/or professional advice to help you with changes to trade rules with the EU. Find out more.