Funded by the European Regional Development Fund, the SME Competitiveness Programme is aimed to provide information, advice, brokerage and signposting to those SMEs looking to obtain the best solutions for business growth or start up. The programme runs from 1st January 2020 until 30th June 2023.
The Consortium delivering the program includes:
- Swindon and Wiltshire Local Enterprise Partnership (Programme lead)
- Wiltshire Council (Accountable Body)
- Swindon Borough Council
- YTKO (Start up support)
- Setsquared (Innovation and scale up support)
The programme provides a range diagnostic, brokerage and support services to SMEs across Swindon and Wiltshire, through the delivery of general and specialist workshops, one-to-one impartial advice, mentoring and resources. Support can also include;
- Starting out and business planning
- Employing new staff
- Developing new products
- Business growth guidance
- Tailored business support lead by a team of Business Navigators
- Brokerage to other support
- Innovation and scale up guidance
- Workforce skills opportunities
The SME Competitiveness Programme also delivers Integrated co-working with the local Growth Hub and delivery partners to develop and enhance business support services both for start-up and existing companies.
In addition, the programme incorporated a Child Project, which delivered ERDF COVID Recovery Grants Between September 2020 and May 2021 which will also need to be reviewed as part of the summative assessment, however, this can be light touch and included in the main report.
The successful provider will:
- Design a methodology to carry out the summative assessment that incorporates ERDF requirements, considers ERDF guidance, and builds on the summative assessment plan
- Review our delivery data and evidence of benefit and impact to meet the needs of the summative assessment
- Complete final summative assessment report and required summary findings report.
Deadline for responses – 10/02/2023