The food and drink industry is one of the most competitive industries in the UK.
What do you need to know to gain the edge?
Join us for this free breakfast event organised by the Swindon & Wiltshire Growth Hub in conjunction with BIC Innovation.There will be a panel of food and drink industry experts answering questions on current issues like:
- "Free from"trends: Is it healthy or just a necessity?
- Plant-based diet: How big is the trend? What should food producers do?
- Packaging: How will the industry cope without plastic? Is now the time to invest in alternatives?
- Allergens: The list of 14 may soon become 15 or more if the trend continues of consumers increasingly being at serious risk if exposed to allergens. How do we cope as an industry?
- Science of food: Does the science of prebiotics mean we should be growing and marketing lots of new green leaves? Does the recent target to increase our dietary fibre mean we can now add some bran and oats in all our processed foods to make them healthier?
The speakers / panellists:
Darren Larvin, Coombe Castle International
Phil Mills, Old Mill Accountants & Financial Planners
Grahame Day, The Gorgeous Food Company
Iain Morrison, Flying Monk Brewery
George Adams, Investor & Owner of several food & drink companies
John Mortimer, Chairman Swindon & Wiltshire Local Enterprise Partnership
7:00am Registration, breakfast and networking
7:40am Presentations, Question & Answer session