- you have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms
- you’ve been advised to take a test by a medical practitioner or a government agency
- you’ve been in contact with someone who’s tested positive
If you’re asymptomatic (you don’t have symptoms), you can get a free NHS COVID-19 LFD test.
- for international travel – so you can enter another country, or after entering the UK from abroad
- if you’re an elite athlete and need to be tested before taking part in an event
- if you’re an employer who wants to partner with a provider to offer testing to your staff
- minimum standards
- UKAS accreditation
- the provider lists we publish on GOV.UK
- what we’re doing to protect consumers
- general population COVID-19 testing
- day 2 and day 8 travel tests
- Test to Release travel tests
The lists are not exhaustive. Some providers have decided to opt out from being published on these lists.
Read more and find lists of and information about private test providers, to help you get the private COVID-19 tests you need here.