- local authorities will be fully compensated
- part of a business rates holiday introduced from 1 April 2020
- "We are determined to do whatever it takes to support businesses during Covid-19, which is why we have extended business rates relief for the high street."
- "Today, I am removing some the exclusions for this relief, so that retail, leisure, and hospitality properties that have closed as a result of the measures announced by the Prime Minister in his statement on Monday will now be eligible for the relief."
- "This will ensure that estate agents, lettings agencies and bingo halls that are required to close will not pay any business rates next year."
Guidance for local authorities on the application of the holiday will be published by MHCLG shortly.
If any business has a query regarding their bill, they should get in touch with their local authority.
For further information on the support available to businesses during Covid-19 visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19