SWLEP Better Business for All (BBfA)
Better Business for All (BBfA) is a national government initiative that brings together businesses and regulators in partnership to improve how local regulation is delivered, easing the burden on business and reducing both real and perceived regulatory barriers to growth.
Regulatory delivery provides essential protection for citizens from risks posed by day-to-day business operation, such as unsafe food and products, public and occupational health risks, fraud and financial detriment.
There are over 28,000 businesses in Swindon and Wiltshire; over 90 per cent of them employ less than 10 people. One of the most common complaints they cite is about how difficult it is for them to get consistent and assured advice on what they need to make their business compliant with regulations.
BBfA aims to provide advice and support to business whilst simplifying the local regulatory system and processes.
It also aims to strengthen the relationship that regulatory services have with local businesses and with other local authority services such as building control, economic development and planning.
Removing regulatory barriers to growth makes Swindon and Wiltshire a good place to do business, and helps to create a more prosperous and competitive local economy.
As increasing numbers of businesses become compliant, regulatory services have more resources to target non-compliant and rogue businesses.
Benefits to business:
- It offers businesses a single point of contact where they receive support and consistent, assured advice on regulatory compliance, from food hygiene and licensing to planning and fire safety.
- Regulatory compliance is made easier, cheaper and faster, saving time and money
- Improves relationships between regulatory services and local businesses
- Provides a proactive approach, ‘get it right first time’ rather than enforcement
- Businesses can be involved in shaping the regulatory services they receive so that they are delivered in a more supportive way
- Encourages fair competition, level playing field for business
- Increases consumer confidence
For more information: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/business-regulation-better-business-for-all