About the Programme
Serco can work with you to develop a bespoke training programme relevant to your needs, and because this programme is co-funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) and the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), you can support your workforce at no extra cost to your business.
Benefits for your employees and business:
- Training is tailored to the specific needs of your business>
- Can be more cost-effective than hiring skilled employees
- Increases employee confidence, motivation and productivity
- Improves employee loyalty and retention by making them feel valued
- Fully-flexible training; pick full qualifications or mix and match individual units to suit your business
- On-the-job vocational training to meet individual needs; including taught learning, workplace assessment, distance learning and online learning
- Fully funded training – no cost to your business or employees
The fully funded training is available for eligible businesses in the following priority sectors*:
- Advanced Engineering and High Value Manufacturing
- Health and Life Sciences
- Financial and Professional Services
- Digital and Information and Communications Technology
- Land Based Industries
- Visitor Economy
- Adult Health and Social Care
- Low Carbon Economy
*Other sectors may be eligible, please contact us to find out.
The programme will focus on supporting:
- Employed individuals in the above key sector businesses
- Lower-waged workers with the ability and aspiration for better careers - in any business
- Employed or self-employed SME business-leaders for leadership and management skills
Employees will benefit from a wide variety of training courses like leadership and management, technical skills training and higher level skills relevant to your business. Completing the training can help your employees continue to higher level qualifications, take on more responsibility, and progress in their careers.
Serco is a leading provider of public services. Its Employment, Skills and Enterprise business was selected by the Skills Funding Agency to manage the SSW programme in your region, in partnership with Swindon & Wiltshire Local Enterprise Partnership. Serco delivers the training through a network of high quality local training providers.
So far we have supported over 1,500 businesses with training for their workforce and over 6,000 employees have benefited from our service. You can trust us to help your business grow too.
Contact us today for more details and to find out if you are eligible for funded training through SSW: firstname.lastname@example.org